View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-01-03, 20:31

Oh, I just remembered something...

Since folks seem to be cool with Force-based Wolverine healing just popping up out of nowhere in this ninth movie, what's your take on the Doug Henning-level magic trick of teleporting/transporting physical objects via the Force?!

Rey put her lightsaber behind her back and brought her empty hand back with a "ta-da" move, and the thing appeared in Kylo's hand, who was standing some distance away.

Now that power hasn't been even remotely part of the saga, across eight movies.

Again, I guess you can chalk it up to stuff Rey learned from reading those Jedi journals? But some context or acknowledgement might've been nice, just so it wasn't so out-of-nowhere.

Does all this not strike anyone as hacky things bad writers come up with to fill gaps/lapses in their lousy story/script? If this kind of nonsense happened on a TV show starring Lorenzo Lamas or one of those piece-of-shit made-for-Syfy flicks, you'd be ripping it to shreds. But it gets a pass here, huh?

"Let's just ramp up the Jedi stuff and throw in whatever we need to explain how people can survive mid-torso saber stabs and how a lightsaber can make it from a character who has it to one who needs it!"

Good grief, I hate this #$@&* movie.