View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-03-02, 12:34

He was a clone.

Awesome...I love understanding stuff in a movie 2-3 months after the fact! All the best movies do this. You had to learn the ending of Casablanca by sending in your Ovaltine proof-of-purchase coupons to receive a special comic book. Dog Day Afternoon partnered with Pop-Tarts and Six Flags on a "pick your own" novelization with three possible outcomes. And Raiders of the Lost Ark was fully explained in a video game, five months later. Oh, wait...

"Why put it on the screen when you can simply annoy and confuse viewers instead? They actually appreciate the mystery and frustration, even if they don't realize it. I've made a career out of this shit, and I still get hired, so I'm obviously doing something right!" - J.J. Abrams

From the above article:

Quote:
Following the release of “The Rise of Skywalker” in December, HuffPost spoke with “Episode IX” editor Maryann Brandon, who said that originally the film had more information about Palpatine’s background and what was keeping him alive, but it was later cut.

“There was so much information in the film and so many characters that we wanted to have an audience concentrate on. I think we felt we didn’t want to clutter the film up with things you didn’t need to know,” she said.

Yes, that Keri Russell character, the Knights of Ren and that chick on horseback really brought so much to the proceedings. Focusing on them, vs. explaining THE ONE THING everyone was truly curious about/interested in, was an awesome editing/storytelling decision.

There were no rational, clue-having adults in charge of this thing. Confirmed.