View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-03-25, 16:17

I just got this from AAFES:
Quote:
Studies show that paper money and coins can harbor bacteria and viruses long after they change hands. We are asking Exchange shoppers to help in the fight against the transmission of COVID-19 through increased reliance on bank-issued credit and debit, MILITARY STAR® or gift cards instead of cash. Please note that cash-back and check-cashing transactions may be unavailable during this time.

While some Exchanges may transition to a card-only environment as local needs dictate, we ask that shoppers minimize the use of cash regardless of location. Customers in need of cash transactions or services can contact their local Exchange to inquire about the status of such transactions at their nearest location.
I never thought about a push to use debit/credit cards. I wonder if this will actually make a difference? I'm sure in some small way... but enough to basically dictate service members and vets use a card instead? I guess all policies can go out the window in an emergency.

I go back to a Franklin quote.
Quote:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.