View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-03-05, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I wonder what's in store for Photoshop? I mean, what serious functionality could they possibly add nowadays? It seems like with the last two releases there hasn't been anything truly groundbreaking introduced, so I wonder what they could bring on to entice users to upgrade. Hell, I can remember Photoshop with no layers and only 1 undo...and having time to take a shower or cook dinner while I applied a filter. Those were the days.
For me, and for what I do, I demand nothing else. If they'd simply made the CS2 Intel-native, that would've been enough for me. Call it CS3, I don't care. The one feature: it runs natively on the Intel Macs...ta-da!

I probably don't use 86% of the snazzy, trumpeted "marquee" features anyway, so they don't have to impress me by adding a bunch of other crap I'll never use. Just make it run zingy (natively) on any new Intel-based Mac I'll be buying this year, that's all.

And I don't think Office is due until late 2007...hard to believe an Office app like that takes longer to convert over than all that complex Adobe stuff (or is that more indicative of Microsoft's priorities?).

Each new Windows-dinging "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercial Apple releases, the new Universal Office slips back another week...I wouldn't doubt it (and I can't say I'd blame Microsoft...I'd be a bit irked too).