View Single Post
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2006-09-15, 17:34

Yeah, I have that feature on my phone right now too. I guess the irony after my suggestion is that I almost never use it, and I've only recorded my voice for a few numbers. So my point was that a new number, one you don't have as "James" or "pizza" is probably easier to say than type out anyway (I know when I have to call a new number, I usually look at the paper or screen it's on, say it aloud as I punch it into my keypad), but oddly enough, I don't really use it for my usual numbers.

I fear that 26 divisions of a circle would be hard to to navigate with my thumb though. Kickaha. I dunno. I imagine it could be frustrating to constantly move diagonally left and up, then a bit back, a bit up again, back... ok ...next number is...

The problem with that Chocolate phone is that you have four buttons on one "wheel" and if your finger is only slightly off, you could hit the up button instead of the left button ,as an example.

That example is not the same as a true scroll wheel, but it would definitely need to be tested. Sometimes, it does feel like Apple tests some UI stuff with about 10 people on the project team and then has a very public beta for version 1. That could sink an iPhone right then and there. Obviously, they didn't screw it up with the iPod, so there's plenty of proof to the contrary as well.