View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-18, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post
Also, seems that it will be modeled more after the iPhone 5.

http://9to5mac.com/2016/03/17/iphone...-megapixel-4k/
You know what? That wouldn't bother me at all if the other stuff in the article (A9, etc.) was legit. I had an iPhone 5 for three-plus years and absolutely loved it, so that's fine if it's a 6s "in guts only'. If that was my option come Monday, then a silver 4" iPhone SE(?) is what I'd be glad to upgrade to (and rid myself of this banana-colored 5c).

I just don't see how it can be higher-powered/spec'd than the previous-generation iPhone 6 and still sell $100 below them. Is Apple putting that much importance/allure on screen size? Do customers have that much of a hard-on for larger phones?

Because even if I wasn't as big on the 4" model as I am, if it came down to an A8-based 4.7" model for $549 or an A9-based 4" model for $449 (and in the old 5s case), I'd still go for the 4" in a heartbeat. Not even a contest. Simply in terms of better performance with these ever-demanding iOS and third-party apps. I really couldn't care less about .7" more screen (and the 5.5" Plus was never a factor, or in the running, from day one).

Just not sure how they present it in a way that people go for, unless they tweak the grid/lineup in some ways we've not predicted or imagined. For the normal, life-having schmo who doesn't follow all this idiocy, they're not going to know what phone to buy after Monday (unless some things get tweaked/streamlined a bit).

Also, technical question: if this new 4" model came with the A9, does that automatically mean it'll have 2GB RAM? Is 2GB of RAM a stock component of that particular processor? Or is it the sort of thing Apple could offer in a 1GB variant (and why would they)?