View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-06-01, 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
So Apple will want $3k just for the display. DOA.
It may well be that Apple wants $2999 just for the display, or they may charge much less. Considering a 5k iMac is $1799, I have a hard time believing they cannot produce a 5k display for a lot less than $1500, even with a GPU built in. I won't actually be surprised if it is $999. We all thought the Apple tablet would be $999 and up, and the Mac universe was shocked when it was just $499. Same thing with Apple Watch. This isn't even a matter of possibility; rather it's more a matter of probability. If they use the same panel (which is a very good panel) and the same GPU as the iMac, I can see them doing it for $999 for a base unit, and perhaps $1499 for one with a suped-up GPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
I'm willing to wait until an actual price for an actual product is announced and shipping before declaring it unviable or not.
Good plan!

If this is a thing, I think they will sell quite well at $1499, like hotcakes at $999. Anything over $1499 and a 27" iMac makes a helluva lot more sense.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)