View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-06-11, 06:54

Don't conflate this bit of dumb-assery with the lack of need for a better network for tracking troubled people who might be capable of mass gun violence.

The teacher in charge of the yearbook's theme should be held accountable. Until now, I never thought about whether our yearbook teacher was in communication about the themes of our yearbooks.

I mean, everything made sense (more or less) back when we were growing up. Our themes were created by consensus, after a lot of discussion. They often centered around our school mascot.

We generally kept the theme hush hush (not that anybody but us CARED what it was), so I'm left wondering if all of this caught the school's Principal unawares.

The questions about murder and prison are so beyond the pale that I truly want to hear from the yearbook teacher.

I'm sure their "reasoning" would cause me to yelp and drive into a ditch, because I have a strong suspicion that they're from a different generation from mine.

And here we get back to a discussion of the soup that our culture is soaking in, and what makes it different than the soup that I grew up in.

An expectation for violence is what I see.