View Single Post
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-10-31, 01:26

there is nothing wrong with the magnets... the point is that more then likely whoever sold the magnet did not use the proceeds to "support the troops", possibly deceiving the purchaser. Additionally, even if the purchaser was not deceived and does not care whether or not the proceeds of the sale "support the troops" or not, doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical? Like empty support? To say you support the troops-slap the magnet on your car and be done with it, is in effect a slap in the face of the troops. *Especially* if they were not critical of use of the troops in the first place-but that is a whole other topic.

Why should the car wash retailer get to profit from people's desire to "support" the troops? What about the ribbon manufacturer? It seems like a form of exploitation to me. IMnshO the 'market' should be 'owned' by those who would directly benefit from the "support"-the families who have a member abroad or the troops themselves (NOT the military in general). Any use of "the troops" (by the President, Micheal Moore, or anyone) for personal gain (whether it is monetary, emotional, or an increase in power or fame) appears disgraceful to me.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm interpreting this incorrectly, but thats the way I see it right now.

I'd be interested to see what LoCash has to say about this when he is released from the hospital after Jack-O-Ween...

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)