View Single Post
CitizenTony

2007-05-16, 13:54

Not really arts and crafty so I'm not sure any of this counts, but I just moved into a new house last December and I've been busy making it mine.

I Started by painting one of the bedrooms that was previously painted butter yellow with a pink ribbon around the entire length of wall. Moved to the living room and stairs after that. I don't like white walls so I have the rest of the house to go, but that's a lot of walls and will take the rest of the year I think.

Mounted the TV to the wall and got rid of any trace of wires. The IR receiver still needs a place in the wall, but it gets interference from the Plasma display so I have to get one that doesn't first. Still need to run the rear speakers as well.

TV and living room 1
TV 2
TV 3

I ran two lines of Cat6 to every room and centralized everything into the office closet. I need to get a wall mounted box to clean it up but haven't yet. I plan to route the cable through this as well and get one line to every room. It's nice being able to monitor everything from the one location and not having to rely on wireless for big transfers.

Right now I'm on a lunch break, but I'm in the middle of flooring the upstairs attic. Trying to get it done before it gets too hot outside. I'm about a quarter of the way through.

After that I'm moving on to the garden. I cleaned it out last week but it's bare right now.