View Single Post
Majost
monkey with a tiny cymbal

2007-07-21, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
Mmmm... one of my boyfriends got me started on fresh peach ice cream back in high school. Would 'love' to have some now. I've never actually made homemade ice cream; but whenever I do get around to doing so, I plan to use the richest cream possible (heavy cream?). I figure, if a person is going to sin, they might as well sin in a big way.
Amen! You gotta go for the gold!

I think part of what makes it taste so good is the amount of work you have to put into it. Don't get one of those automatic churners... just get Kick to do it for you.

Quote:
Yep. I know the feeling. That chocolate mousse I make consists of semi-sweet chocolate, sweet (unsalted) butter, sugar and eggs. Once a person tastes chocolate desserts made from scratch (with no preservatives, additives, stabilizers, etc.), it really isn't possible ever again fully to enjoy manufactured stuff like Hershey Bars.

They taste so artificial, and more like flavored wax than anything. In the years since I first started making homemade chocolate mousse, I completely lost interest in candy bars, Hershey kisses, and any other manufactured chocolate.
*Shudders*

Yup, Hershey/Nestle are an abomination. Real dark/semi-sweet chocolate is by far the only way to go.