View Single Post
holbox

2005-05-29, 22:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
I wish you a great Summer in your RV traveling up North. I imagine that you are like my father-in-law, retired physician as Medical Director at a steel corporation. It's not the SS, but savings and a large pension that allows the freedom to travel during retirement. Your must be very anxious with only a week left till your trip. Although you will be missing WWDC.

No ...... actually it is the SS that allows us to travel.

I have NO pension and had very little savings.

But, I sold my business that I had built up over 30+ years, downsized a bigger house we built to a nice (we actually like it better) factory built house in a retirement park in Florida and have a 100 acre plot of farmland in Ohio we cash rent.

Could live fine on what I ended up with, but the SS is the cream that gives us the freedom to do what the hell we want to.

If you've had a nice income thru your working years SS is a pretty good chunk of cash. The Medicare Plan is a damn good health insurance too.

It's popular to knock SS & Medicare, but don't be a fool. Insist that the politicians keep it going. It's a safety net that you can squeak by on if you have to and a damn fine deal if you've got a little something extra.

We're locked in, but you younger guys can loose it if you don't keep their feet to the fire. If the politicians & government workers were on the SS system instead of the gold train they are on, you'd see how fast it would turn healthy again.

Insist..........