View Single Post
intlplby
Veteran Member

2007-03-08, 11:37

Quote:
Asking minor to engage in sexual activity is illegal, and that's what they're getting.
but there was no minor

Quote:
Narcs regularly pose as drug dealer or junkies in which they offer the opportunity to apprehend actual pushers or junkies for engaging in illict drugs even though the narcs has not actually taken any illict drugs.
i was under the impression that an actual exchange has to take place... that's how someone i knew from highschool was busted.

it's one thing for a narc to buy the drugs from someone who is selling them, it's entirely another for the narc to offer drugs and hope someone will try and buy them... i think the latter is entrapment, isn't it?

Quote:
For public embarrassment, that has merits, but very little. Again, if they made the decision to drive long distance, prepared to have sex with minor, they already have sastisfied the guilty intent requirement. They had the opportunity to back out, but failed to take that. So do I really feel sorry for them? Not particularly.
merits, or not, it is not the TV Networks reponsibility to do so... if they choose to do so then they should be 100% liable in a civil court should the perp/victim choose to sue