View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-03-08, 11:41

I got the impression from the show the other night (can't remember from the first one I saw a year or so ago), that there would be some ongoing, multiple chats in some of the cases. But the unifying factor was that the perp always would steer it to sex, and quite graphically at times.

So they're kinda cultivating this "relationship", it almost sounds like. They're jibber-jabbering with what they think is a precocious, curious little girl (clear on the other side of the state in some cases), but they're doing all the instigating and sex talk any chance they get. In what I saw, none of the decoys went "fishing"...it was the other way around (I assume the perp would see "F/13" somewhere in a profile?).

I don't know...I'm not online chatting with teens and torquing my tater over it.

Also, it's sad to see these 30- and 40-something asshats trying to talk down on the girl's level...lots of "R U horny?", "L8R" and excessive LOL, OMG, etc. usage. Text messaging shorthand and so forth. And lots of slang or jargon from pop culture, hip-hop, MTV, etc. Just mangling it and coming across like such a pathetic, "ooh, I'm gonna get me some because I know how to talk hip to the kids!" douche.

Hell, that's almost worse than the other stuff! There should be some sort of felony charge for that, IMO. Abuse of the language, embarrassing your gender, referencing Nelly or Fergie, etc. Something!