View Single Post
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2010-10-28, 14:15

Okay, it's decision day. Gotta do something today for this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
Right you are.

PKIDelirium: the Zoom H1 looks like a decent way to record audio for cameras without a good mic or mic input. You'd need to sync later though. All a lot of work.

The Canon T2i is unlikely to be beaten for sheer quality of output, but it's pricey and will require a major investment of effort to get great results.
I bought a Zoom H1 and it got here today. I can use it with my SX100 and sync later if all else fails.

By major investment of effort, do you mean to do pro shots on it, like shooting movie scenes or such with it? I don't do that.

T2i looks awesome because its a solid camera all around it looks like. I take video a lot but I take photos a lot more than I take video, and not having to get a dedicated camcorder would be nice. That said, I don't want to get it if it wouldn't be a great photo camera as well. How does it compare to the 60D in those regards? From what I've seen on dpreview, they're both extremely similar...

I'm not sure if I should consider Nikon at all. I'm familiar with Canons so that's what I look at. The other two people shooting what I shoot are using Nikons.

I just want to get something solid that will last me a long time and be a great camera. Mic jack is critical though.