View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-09-13, 19:39

We still have one at my Target!

I've sold one, maybe two the entire time I've worked there, but we've always had it in our case. I'll be sad when it's gone.

If Apple had just waited a little bit longer, it would have become "retro" and hipsters would have rediscovered it and started saying that music sounded better, warmer, on good old-fashioned spinning disks.

Now that the classic is gone, I wonder if that means the iPod touch is now free to just be iPod. iPod touch was always a terrible name; it encourages "iTouch" (which Apple just hates) and it just sounds so awkward with the other iOS devices: "for iPad, iPhone, and iPod...touch." And it isn't even the only iPod with a touchscreen!

I really hope the next iOS iPod is just "iPod." It's the sixth generation iOS iPod, and there was officially never an "iPod (sixth generation)" before, because they changed the name to "iPod classic" with the sixth HDD design. So they should just call the new one "iPod", the sixth generation, like it's taking up the "true" iPod mantle now that the classic is gone (and nobody cares about the nano).

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong