View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-05-10, 15:32

As far as I'm concerned, the 7th-gen Nano was the perfect iPod and should have continued rather then the iPod touch. It could have easily gotten to 256GB+ by now, and it served its job as "just an iPod" perfectly. That model was just a music player that could handle some photos and videos, but didn't ever need to. It was a great music player. It needed nothing else to be good, had an easy-to-use interface, and perfect size. It was "just right", and the only improvement would have been higher capacity. Instead, Apple pushed the Touch so they could sell apps. That decision relegated the iPod to who-cares status, since everyone had a phone that could do everything the Touch could do. However, no phone had the tiny, compact size and ease-of-use that the Nano afforded.

Were I in charge, I would have discontinued the Touch 5 years ago and kept the Nano going full-tilt, and given it ample storage for large libraries.

It would still be selling well today.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)