View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-11, 19:59

Definitely the end of an era, and something that really helped Apple along.

Trying to think back on what I owned...I know I had a few.

The only ones truly coming to mind are the white "video iPod"...looked like the white classic, but I think it was the first with a color screen and could play video.

Then I had an orange (of course) shuffle for a while, but it was a little too random. But I loved how it looked (hopelessly shallow), so I kept it a nice while.

Then I wound up with a hand-me-down nano (in orange) from Mom, once she realized she never used it anymore. I don't recall the model, but it was the slim, taller one with the color screen. I had that around here until just a few years ago, and gave it to someone.

So...three, total, I believe? And all distinctly different...larger white, tiny shuffle and slim/sleek nano. The thing I remember the most about my white, larger video iPod was the case I got for it...an aged, rustic brown leather thing that just screamed "Indiana Jones". It looked so cool. I think I loved that case more than the iPod itself. I remember thinking "I want a wallet just like this, and a guitar strap too!"