View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-07, 09:20

I think the fan may be the biggest real-life difference. And that might not even be a big issue, I don’t know. Processors being the same and all, the 13” Pro would have to fare a little better in some areas - constant workload - than the Air, right?

I’m pretty sure I’d be fine with an Air, just light vector graphics, writing and surfing being the three main things I do anymore. I’m not pushing pixels or video to any real degree these days. I probably wouldn’t have bought an Air 7-8 (or even 2-3) years ago. But I would today, absolutely. I know it’s more than enough for my needs.

If $1,500 fell in my lap and I was told to buy whichever of the two I wanted, I’d get the Air (bumped to 16GB RAM) and call it a day. Maybe go buy groceries and/or gas with the leftover $100 before either goes any higher?

But, yeah…Air, hands down, for me.

I bet the difference between the two amount to very little, real world. Which makes the continued existence of that 13” Pro even weirder and more “why?”

I have to believe an M2 Air, upgraded to 16-24GB RAM and whatever storage makes sense for the owner, is going to well serve anyone in that sub-$2,000space. And, if not, Apple has a boatload of offerings and options starting at $1,999 if no-compromise performance is the most important thing to someone.

But the Air is going to more than handle things for the majority of users.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-07 at 09:36.