View Single Post
Freewell

2007-07-20, 22:30

Oh man, ice-cream has got to be one of the fruits on the tree of life! I seriously don't keep it in the house, because I know that if I do, I will eat it, and then the scales will tattle on me! (Wretched little informant!!)

But since you asked...

Favorite Commercial Ice-Cream Flavors:

ColdStone's Strawberry Shortcake Serenade in a plain waffle cone
Haagen Dazs' Coffee
Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey
Starbuck's Mocha Almond Fudge

Favorite Homemade Ice-Cream Flavors:

Cantaloupe
Pink Grapefruit
Mango

(Of course, only the ripest, most delectable fresh fruit should be used for the recipe.)

Favorite Desserts:

Homemade Tirimisu
Alaskan Snow Pie with Raspberry Sauce
Italian Ricotta Torte (I think it is actually a sin to eat this! The icing alone is like the most decadent chocolate mousse like substance. I am almost drooling just thinking about it!!!)
And then, there is that fantastic little number that my mom actually managed to eek the recipe of from a wonderful old Italian lady that owned a resturaunt and made the most incredible Coconut Creme Pie you have ever even imagined... Uses an entire dozen eggs!!!

Honorable Mention Desserts:

Cheesecake Factory's Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Starbuck's Espresso Cake (not brownie) Though tragically I have not been able to find it for a couple years now. : (
Homemade Carrot Cake with Pecans and Cream Cheese Icing (Please do not ever desecrate such a sacred food with raisins!! )
Gourmet German Chocolate Cake covered in a sea of Coconut and Pecan Icing and garnished with melt-in-your-mouth Belgian Dark Chocolate shavings

There is not a single entry in the favorite dessert section here that upon touching your palate does not almost instantaneously transport you to a place, suspended somewhere between Earth and Heaven!