View Single Post
switchr92

Send a message via AIM to switchr92  
2005-09-28, 21:37

Well, while I agree that Apple stuff is more expensive than any given PC counterpart, I think that it is worth it. It's biggest advantage over windows is the graphics, which makes windows look like it's 20 years old. I think it is easier to use than windows (and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind windows, which can't be said for everyone at applenova), and it's more reliable.
I do think it's worth it. The iBook will get you through half of college if you need it to w/o becoming to outdated, but I think that pushing it til college graduation isn't realistic. No windows laptop you get now will work for you even freshman year is my guess. A push for an average windows laptop is 2 years IMO, after that the OS will slow down no matter the hardware and you are forced to get a new computer. A push for a mac laptop is 5 years in my opinion, at which point the OS won't slow down like windows but the hardware will just be so outdated...you get the idea.
As long as you aren't the kind of person that needs the newest thing in technology, it will be cheaper in the long run. I would go iBook.
Good luck, whatever your purchase.