View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-12-12, 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
chucker, as much as I agree with you that tskwara has some problems, I think you should lighten up a little since he is admitting he has a problem.
I'm sorry if my comments may come off as personal attacks. I just very much feel that tskwara has a problem (in terms of spending/valuing money and worth) he has not truly realized. I could be wrong, of course.

Quote:
We don't know everything about tskwara's situation so I don't think we're in the position to be quite as critical of him as you are being.
Yes, you have a very strong point there. My mistake.

So let's just get back to the thread.

The way I see it, tskwara, you should be more specific on what you actually use your computer for. You have given hints regarding video editing and 3d. For those fields, contrary to what other people have said, an iMac G5 may be too limiting. Not because its hardware is bad, but because its hardware is not (or hardly) customizable and thus not scalable. Then again, neither is the PowerBook you currently have.

So if you need something truly high-end, get something like a Dual-Core PowerMac and a 23-inch Cinema Display. Still fairly high-end but not over-doing things. And once you realize you do need a bigger display, you can always get a second 23-inch ACD (saves you a lot of money!), or replace your the one with a 30-inch again.

You have a PowerBook, but how significantly is portability to you?