Thread: Wordpress
View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-11-11, 23:50

For those of you playing at home I do believe that Chucker's being just a tad sarcastic... with good reason.
You'd care about IE6 if you wanted to appeal to the widest (lowest common denominator) reader-base. From all accounts IE6 remains (through sheer inertia) a well-used browser, which really, really sucks. I hope that IE7 is really good. Maybe in five years we can stop using patches in our CSS.

I'm preparing to make the leap to either Wordpress or MT3.x and I have to say that the more I read about WP the more interested I become. Over the past year I've become smitten with the combo of PHP-generated XHTML styled by CSS.

The biggest concern I have is knowing how to weave calls to WordPress into my own PHP coded pages without stepping on the toes of variables previously named by the WordPress pages. I know that I can do my pages in MT, I'd rather do them in WP.

I just need to have that comfort level with WordPress. Knowing that I can use REAL PHP and not some tinkered version is a big plus.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter