Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
tomoe
Veteran Member

2021-07-07, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Used car prices have been insane since last summer, since many brands are short on new vehicles. Not that I'd know it, I swear half the people on the block got new vehicles last summer.
We bought a brand 2021 RAV4 Hybrid last October.

Got really lucky in that it was the color, trim, and had all the upgrades we wanted. Added bonus was that the dealer had accidentally listed it an an incorrect price (~$2000 lower, IIRC) and they actually honored it. Fast forward to a month ago and a friend was looking for the same car used, anything from 2019-2021. Ended up getting a 2020 RAV4 with ~20K miles on it for the same price we paid, and the dealer wouldn't budge at all. On the plus side, Carmax bought his older 2017 Prius with 40K for $18K...which he originally paid $19K. Weird af market.

Ended up going on our longest roadtrip yet over the past week (SF -> Portland) and it was honestly pretty pleasant doing the drive, aside from a slight detour because of road closures due to the Salt Fire. The RAV4 is a lot more comfortable & smooth riding than the 1990 Acura Integra I used to drive back & forth between Minneapolis and Austin, TX .

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick