View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-07-27, 21:45

So my next little project today was to build a spice rack. One whole cabinet in my kitchen was nothing but spices. It was so bad that we forgot we had some because they were behind others! That is no longer a problem:

This is 1" x 3" x 8' pine boards cut into two 6' boards and the cross boards being 23.75". We then had .25" x 1.5" x 24" slats to be the little lip to keep them on the shelf if the door is slammed to hard. I could have put more shelves in this, but this seems like enough for now. The whole thing is screwed to the wall with 4 2.5" screws. It's not going anywhere. It's also in my "utility" room with the water heater and washer and dryer. This means it didn't have to be finished or very pretty. Not bad if you asked me!

Also, I used screws to put it together rather than nails. I did your brads for tacking the strips on the front though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.