View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-06, 17:20

I know I'm super late to the party here, but has nobody mentioned here the multiple references to The Star Wars Holiday Special in the first episode of The Mandalorian, effectively cementing that disaster even further into Star Wars canon?

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Mando's first bounty talks about celebrating Life Day while he's rummaging through the ship's lower deck.

The dude that teaches him to ride those warthog-bear things mentions how Mandalorians used to ride the "mythosaur", presumably the dinosaur-looking thing in the animated segment.

Mando's disintegration rifle thing (jeez, I'm really bad with names today) looks just like the forked weapon Boba Fett had in the animated segment.

I suppose I should be ashamed for my ears perking up and immediately noticing these references when I first heard them.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.