View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-11, 11:21

The other cool angle is, even if some of these shows don't line up on timelines, when it comes to Jedi, it's easy to have a handful show up to someone after their demise.

For example, the Obi-Wan show is set to take place 10 years after Revenge of the Sith, and then we all know he becomes one with the Force on the Death Star in Episode IV. This Ahsoka show is set in the same timeline as The Mandalorian, which is 9 ABY (nine years since Obi-Wan's "death").

If Force ghost Obi-Wan appeared to Luke a few times in TESB and ROTJ, I see no reason why Force ghost Obi-Wan (the Ewan McGregor version, aged or otherwise) couldn't appear to Ahsoka in a time of doubt or need? They actually knew each other...Obi-Wan was there when we all were introduced to Ahsoka, in the Clone Wars movie. And they had plenty of interaction over the years. And they both share that sad Anakin connection...they both lost someone they cared about, so they've got that link between them forever as well.

So there's always that chance.

And if they got Hayden Christensen back to play in these things, and you acknowledge the presence of Force ghosts, I don't think it's too out of line to maybe imagine a blue, glowing Liam Neeson appearing to Obi-Wan, or even Samuel L. Jackson popping up in that form as well (he also knew Obi-Wan, of course). And of course there's always Yoda. No reason he couldn't appear to Ahsoka either, as she knew him as well.

I'm actually hoping the Ahsoka show, considering its timeline (post-ROTJ), might take advantage of this, tastefully, on 1-2 occasions if needed...a visit from Obi-Wan and/or Yoda to encourage/advise her adult self?

I don't know if that ability is possessed by every Jedi - Yoda made it sound like Qui-Gon figured it out, but can people learn it after the fact? But we do know for a fact, in the post-ROTJ timeframe, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Yoda all know how to do this, and, therefore, are contenders to possibly show up...Qui-Gon to still-alive Obi-Wan on his show, or Obi-Wan and Yoda, at the very least, to Ahsoka on her show.

BTW, here's my new theory, relating to Grogu's seeing stone experience...

I've heard/read, in two places (and McGregor even mentioned it on a talk show) that he was on the set of The Mandalorian doing wardrobe tests and some "filming" (ostensibly in prep for the Kenobi series).

While everyone is expecting Luke, Ezra or whoever to be the Jedi that sensed Grogu, Ahsoka never specified what kind of Jedi. She did say, in a sad tone, how there weren't many of them left. And she's right...alive ones, anyway.

Is she even aware of Force ghosts? Would she even know such a thing exists? I've not seen all the animated Clone Wars (or Rebels), so I don't know if her character has ever been told about it or has encountered one? In any case, whether she knows about them or not doesn't really matter...they do exist. Her not being aware of them doesn't mean one can't respond/show up.

Who's to say that the Jedi who "answers" Grogu, and points him in the right direction or helps determine his path, isn't the ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi? In theory, Grogu on that rock last week could've been reaching out to anyone, any Jedi "listening" or feeling anything. Assuming there's any link between Grogu and Yoda (they're certainly the same species, at the very least), Obi-Wan obviously knew Yoda far better than Luke ever did; maybe Obi-Wan is the Jedi who "heard" Grogu through the Force?

While everyone is expecting an older Ezra, or a de-aged/cloaked/voiceover-only Luke/Mark Hamill, what if the big "ohmigosh!" moment/reveal in the season finale next week is Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan, appearing to Grogu? Nobody else - Mando, etc. - even has to see him. It could just be a Force user-to-Force user moment between this little Baby Yoda (literally or otherwise) and someone who knew Yoda better than any other possible candidate and might've been predisposed to "hear" Grogu's call more than others?

I wouldn't discount it, not with the realization that these shows are all now officially a thing, McGregor has said he's been in training and getting his chops back, that he visited the Mandalorian stage/set, etc. There's either a Kimmel or Fallon appearance on YouTube where McGregor talks about wearing the robe again (and it's recent...2020, earlier this year).

That solves a lot of problems (not having to try and de-age Hamill, how Ezra appearing might not have the biggest impact for those of us who didn't watch Rebels). But Obi-Wan Kenobi, showing up to counsel/comfort Grogu in some way, or to tell him something he needs to know? People would lose their minds, and that's just the kind of reveal/moment this season has produced already, on three occasions...Bo Katan, Ahsoka Tano and Boba Fett. So why not a fourth, especially one we already know has signed-up to be part of this Disney+ sandbox, and whose own show begins production in 2021?

I'm just sayin'...

I would actually put more money/confidence on that than anything involving Luke/Mark Hamill, Ezra or this Cal(?) guy I keep hearing about. I kinda think the responder to Grogu's "reaching out" session has been under our nose all along...we just have to think slightly outside the box, and from a certain point-of-view. Who said the Jedi who searches Grogu out is a living one? I don't think those things matter when it comes to those guys; they're not any less powerful or intelligent in ghost form, are they? And if Force ghosts do/can appear to others (non-Force users), then Obi-Wan could tell Mando directly what to do re: Grogu...keep him and watch over him, seek out Luke Skywalker, etc. (assuming Mando isn't frightened by his appearance and tries to shoot him or something).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-12-11 at 11:57.