View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-01, 11:40

PS - It’s kinda funny/interesting how, after a lifetime of Star Wars being a spring/summer type of thing (the OT and PT), the sequel trilogy and the Mandalorian (and now Boba Fett) has everyone looking to December/Christmas/winter for their SW fix.

I like it. I think it’s fun, and easier, to throw yourself into a multi-episode type of thing when it’s cold and snowy out and your options for other hobbies/activities may be limited for those not in the deeper South.

Even though I don’t get snowed/iced in, it does get cold here and one of the things I enjoyed last year was looking forward to the next episode (and rewatching older ones). Made those frigid, grey and bleak November and December days hit a little easier, it seemed. Something to look forward to/prepare for, and then go talk about it afterwards (here, for me).

At first it felt odd, but I think it’s panning out. I realize the other shows may come at other parts of the year, but I’m now kinda “programmed” to associate the Mando/Fett stuff with a certain time of year, and I like it. Little winter/holiday treats.