View Single Post
.Hack
Valiant Vicks Vizier

2005-07-14, 16:42

We're on vacation and I brought my iBook with me. The last place we stayed at had an ethernet cord so that you may connect to the internet. The hotel we just checked into today had an ethernet port, but when trying to visit AppleNova, I got a message saying that there wasn't an internet connection. So I called the front desk to ask if the internet services they provided were unavailable. The lady at the front desk said she'd call me back with an answer. So after I hung up checked my AirPort card to see if there were any wireless networks around... Well I found 2, both of which were from my hotel. I called to ask if they actually had wireless internet available for free, and she said yes. My question I guess is, am I allowed to be using their wireless signal to connect to the internet even though they've got ethernet ports in the room. Do I need permission to be using their wireless services?

(sorry if this is a novice question, I've just never used AirPort before and have read that not all wireless networks are free for everyone to use... thanks!)