View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-11-25, 22:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Wait wait wait what did I miss? Mechanics? Reasons? I've always wondered what the story was behind Tall Town! It was built during my time away from Minecraft and it just kind of popped out of nowhere, AFAICT.
Tall Town is all about height. I like Bradtropolis, but it doesn't give me the feeling of height when I wander through. The deal with Tall Town is that all towers are 64 high minimum! Nothing shorter. Most of the buildings will be 128+.

Then, after watching a bunch of iron mine videos, it occurred to me that I could get anywhere from two to three villages into four of the 128+ towers and have some pretty serious iron output. Alas, 1.8 changed the village rules and killed off iron farms completely. So, Tall Town is Tall Ghost Town until I get around to making it something else. There is talk of village rules being re-implemented in 1.9 to fix iron mining, but won't know until then.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)