Thread: Pokémon GO
View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-08-01, 07:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby View Post
As soon as you add a guy you can get some loot, even if it is only for a minute.
Yep! The cooldown timer only limits when you can collect from the last time you collected. So, if it's been more than 21 hours since your last collection, you can take a gym and *immediately* collect for the 10 coins.

If you're *really* good, you can hit up multiple gyms and *then* collect, and you'll get 10 for each gym. Gyms fall so quickly after I touch them, though, that it's never worth the gamble for me. I just cash out ASAP and don't bother taking any gyms until the next day unless I just want to grind some experience.

Quote:
I just reached 19 now. Seems like the buggers break free more easily. Unless I'm totally missing some trick.
They actually *do* break free more often at higher levels, even the weakest 10-CP ones. It's totally BS and backwards, and it's apparently Niantic's way of trying to milk money out of players who are hooked. Shouldn't being a more-experienced trainer make catching low-level 'mon *easier*? And to add insult to injury, their latest weekend update apparently made it even harder across the board AND nerfed the "Nice!" bonuses for good aim.

Quote:
The feet indicator was buggy and broken every release except the initial version. They just hid it I'm guessing until the system gets fixed.
Word on the street it they're just taking it out completely. The feet indicator was never a problem server-side; the API reverse-engineering revealed that the "feet" and drawn locations are all handled client-side and are *trivially* easy to show. If there was any intent to make it work again/better, they could have done that as soon as it was found to be buggy.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.