View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-02-02, 22:17

Just a small word of warning. Partitioning can also be a pain, too, because the size you set is immutable (sans reformatting the whole sucker or buying special software) and some applications will keep using the location for your home folder on your startup partition. Even if you go to the trouble of figuring out how to change where Mac OS X thinks your home folder should be, some apps may still be hardcoded to the old /Users/yourname path.

I tried the partitioning thing a couple years ago. After a while, I couldn't stand it, but that's just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightclub
Are there any websites that I could use as a resource?
This would be a good place to start. Seriously, if you've got questions, we've got answers. MacOSXHints.com is another pretty good resource, but it can get pretty technical at times. If you like cutting down trees, I've heard excellent reviews of Mac OS X: The Missing Manual.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.