View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-04, 13:54

Yeah, at the very least it should save some (many?) folks 1-2 unnecessary clicks. Not the end of the world, I realize, but if you can get to something quicker, with less hassle, why not?

I like it.

I've visited it a few times today, just purposely looking for something goofy/obscure and it seems I'm able to get to it a bit quicker than before (sometimes you might burn a few seconds thinking "is this more of a Mac accessory? Or iPad? Or maybe even music?"

So it automatically takes that round of thinking off the table and you just get yourself directly to the store. And I noticed they actually put the AirPods and AirTags in their own heading, right there at the landing page (because those can be used with anything, and they used to get tucked under Music or iPhone or whatever). So they also addressed that, saving yet another round of clicking/guessing where something like AirTags might be.

In theory, someone looking for AirTags should now be able to find them in only two clicks instead of 3-5 (including some wrong guesses). Nothing wrong with that!

The whole thing just seems more sensible and straightforward, from the messing around I've done today. It's way better to use than this time yesterday, for sure.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-08-04 at 14:07.