View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-08-05, 03:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Probably. It seems silly, but I wonder if other companies like them - Dell, HP, etc. - make the store/buying part a bit more obvious and upfront?

I mean…

I guess? Kind of? Like, for Dell, if you go to Laptops, for Work (why is this distinction there?), you get a configurator on the left-hand side to filter by screen size, say. And then you're straight into a gallery page with lots of price tags and HERE BUY THIS ONE NO THIS ONE HOW ABOUT THIS ONE yelling.

So, technically, yes, the store is more upfront. But I've found it to be awful to navigate. Why do all those laptop lines exist? How do they differ from each other? Why would I pick a New Precision 3561 over a New Precision 7560? How about a Vostro 3500? Or a New XPS? (I haven't gotten to Inspiron and Latitude yet. All of these product lines show up if I filter for "business" and "11th Gen Intel Core". Yes, there are some obvious differences like Latitude apparently now being reserved for convertibles, but… most differences are quite unclear to me.)

It seems designed to have you quickly give up and call a sales rep. Sigh.