View Single Post
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2007-01-02, 22:05

Immediate public disclosure like this is extraordinarily irresponsible, and very childish. This guy just wants media attention, and he's going to get it. The term I saw elsewhere was "showboating."

From everything I've read, Apple is generally responsive to people who report security issues, so there's no reason this guy can't go through the normal channels to report issues and have them fixed. He just wants to create a stir.

Also, of the two bugs listed so far, one is a cross-platform QuickTime bug, and the other is a VLC bug. Note that VLC is (a) not an Apple-made application, and (b) also cross-platform. If it continues like this, I suspect we'll see this "showboater" grasping for straws (like VLC) frequently of the month. There's nothing newsworthy about third-party apps having vulnerabilities. I can write an app that has a hole, but that doesn't make it Apple's fault.

What an ass. LIke Brave Ulysses said, he should go rot in a hole. Apple's generally responsive, unlike other companies who like to sweep stuff under the rug for a while. Granted, they'll wait to roll a fix into the next software update (be it 10.4.9 or what-not), but they'll take care of it.

Apparently I call the cops when I see people litter.