Thread: E3 2011
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-06-03, 13:27

Next week isn't just WWDC — it's also E3, the greatest (gaming) show on earth. We'll see Wii 2 details from Nintendo and NGP details from Sony, and that's just what has been announced. But of course, the news cycle starts before the event does in earnest, as companies try to beat the onslaught by hosting pre-events. Here's what we know slash I feel like posting so far:

The new Uncharted game on the NGP is called Uncharted: Golden Abyss. It is an original game (not a remake!) that takes place before Drake's Fortune. It's being developed by Sony Bend, right here in Oregon. Naughty Dog is overseeing development, just as Insomniac did for Bend's well-received Resistance: Retribution.

Also, Sony announced a collector's edition of Uncharted 3 that includes Drake's Deception, Drake's belt buckle, Drake's necklace thing, and a statue of...Nathan Drake. All in a steelcase box, and all for the low low price of $99! Uncharted 3 hits 11/1/11. Pictures!

Also, Konami is releasing a trilogy pack of Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker in HD for the PS3. They're also re-releasing HD two-packs of Silent Hill 2 and 3 and both Zone of the Enders games (!!!).

Also, Level-5 has trademarked Professor Layton and the Last Specter in North America, seemingly confirming that the fourth Layton mystery will come to the US (the fifth, for the 3DS, is already out in Japan, so).

Also, I can't start a paragraph without "Also."

Also, Microsoft's and Sony's press events will be on Monday, and Nintendo's is on Tuesday, so there will be way way way more news to come!

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong