Thread: E3 2011
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-06-07, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
Sorry Robo, but that just seems ridiculous. Nintendo is nuts.
Really? At first blush this is a more obvious improvement to me than motion controls were.

Think of all the multiplayer options that open up when one player can see things that the others can't. Or think of game like Zelda, where you're constantly switching equipment. Instead of pausing the game and cycling through equipment screens, you'll be able to equip items with just a touch. At the very least, most HUDs would be able to move to the controller, allowing interaction (think about, say, maps) and making the presentation more cinematic.

Unlike motion controls, which are really only good for certain sorts of games, I could see this being good for both casual and core games. It could reduce complexity for the casual audience *and* give the core audience new experiences. I really want to play Zelda and RPGs on it, which is more than I could say about the Wii Remote (or, god, the Kinect).

So yes, I will be that dumb shit who waits in line to buy it on day one even though there's no good games, just like I did for the Game Boy Advance and Wii.