View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-09-12, 20:32

Weird. I'm on a 2+ year old hackintosh (Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 512 MB GeForce 9800, Mac OS X 10.6.8) and rarely have problems. At least, I certainly don't have any more performance issues than I've had with vanilla Minecraft.

What settings are you guys using? I use the "normal" viewing distance, graphics set to "fast", advanced OpenGL off, and "performance" set to VSync. I also tend to quit most other running apps and only have iTunes and Chrome (usually with a few tabs on wiki pages) in the background.

The only lagging I encounter tends to be due to network congestion, as far as I can tell. I have network and CPU monitors in the menu bar, and I'm never maxing out the CPU on my machine.

edit: Except for the nether, but I think that's a problem with using Minecraft 1.2.x where performance was worse that 1.3.x anyway, and I'm rarely in the nether anyway.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.