View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-12-01, 08:35

This year I had one of the best Thanksgiving family meals in a long time. My Uncle and Aunt came in town (they live only an hour away) and hung out and ate with us. They were always on the "outside" of our family because my dad hates my uncle (brothers) and my uncle assumed I sided with my dad so he never pursued a relationship. So they came over and it was great time!

My family is big by itself, add my mom, uncle and aunt and it was a full house. I took Monday and Tuesday off also we we could just relax as a family. We spent time together more than normal since we are running all evening most days of the week. It was awesome. I even avoided most of the internet in an effort to spend less time in "devices" while we were on vacation.

We started putting up our tree Sunday evening and it fell over with a glorious crash and many ornament pieces everywhere. Suddenly I'm the guy who didn't plan for a tree having to pay full price at the store. Finding a tree that was "worthy" and not +$400 at Christmas is no easy task.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.