View Single Post
sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-05-01, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexluft
Sorry that you think that...I read it in an article, can't find it at the moment, however.

for now, you can check out http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l...&modelmenu= 1

That looks like an iBook to me. Especially the view with the latch.

Sorry if I'm wrong...Charge it to my head, not my heart
Yeah, you're way off base here. If you look at the packaging of any Apple hardware, you'll see "Designed by Apple in California" prominently displayed. Your first clue about the ASUS laptop you think resembles an iBook is the height measurement. They list the height on the ASUS site as 1.7" where all iBooks are 1.35". Not even close. I think you might be confused with designs and part supply. I believe ASUS does supply Apple with some motherboards, which is often cited as a reason for the recent drop in quality assurance.

You might want to click on the enlargement if you still aren't convinced. You'll see that there aren't the same ports and those that are the same aren't in the same place. This laptop doesn't even have space for an internal combo drive. The bottom sides of the laptop are curved and dozens of other features don't even come close. It's yet another terrible attempt by a competitor to slap on one or two seemingly similar design ideas and call it good.

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs

Last edited by sunrain : 2005-05-01 at 12:03.