View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-12-06, 11:24

Okay, then we're in completely different situations. For me, computers are a hobby. Building is half the fun! Time spent fixing or upgrading it isn't "wasted," it's quality hobby time. For my purposes, software compatibility (outside of games) is not an issue at all. Price of course is a major issue, but that's only part of the reason I got a PC. Macs just aren't meant for hobbyists.

Anyway, I think it's generally the high-end professional software that's less likely to make it over to the Mac platform, which doesn't concern me at all. Email, AIM, internet browsing, listening to music, image editing... all this is easy to do on both platforms.

I still won't admit that there are any really great PC makers out there , but some are less bad than others. None of them can come close to Apple, IMHO, except in the price category. Funny that Apple is the only one that seems to go with the high price/high quality strategy rather than low price and low quality, and yet they're the only really profitable PC maker these days .

I guess I'll give Sony an E for effort. Their stuff isn't too awful.