Thread: MC: Currency
View Single Post
arteggio

2011-04-26, 15:59

@Robo: I glanced over the fact that there would be a slimeball pile-up at a Bradmart. Those could be left to Brad to deal with, if he wished to deal with it.

As for my proposal: what if he who wants dirt doesn't have diamonds, which he might not want to give up even if he had? Slimeballs would be the only thing we would have in common in such a case, making the trade possible and each player still 'compensated' for their effort to gather whatever resources, without really losing out.

@bbsky: With an economy, do you think that donations would do it any harm, as long as the requestor isn't extorting donations to put out on market for sale? I don't see donations negatively impacting the economy much. If you're interested in giving something away for free, that's fine too. The receiver just won't be expending any slimeballs, getting to keep more of their cash. Unless you were giving away something of extremely high value, which by definition should be difficult to obtain without currency thus not much incentive to give them away if they are obtained, it wouldn't offset things much.

I guess we could ramp up and organize the exchange though.....

Last edited by arteggio : 2011-04-26 at 17:31.