View Single Post
zippy
Veteran Member

2011-03-22, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post
biased: (adjective) having or showing bias or prejudice: They gave us a biased report on immigration trends.

bias: (noun) a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question. His bias was in evidence when he gave the report.

Dear Internet: if you want to call someone's objectivity into question, you can say they are biased, have a bias, or have a biased opinion. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "BIAS OPINION", YOU HALFWITS. When you say that you are saying that their is opinion is cut on a diagonal, which is the only form of "bias" that serves as an adjective. Stop it, you sub-literate monkeys.
Yes, yes - a thousand times yes. I see this all the time: "I may be bias, but..." I refrain from correcting this each and every time I see it because I don't want to come off as a douche. And frankly, it's just so pervasive that I wouldn't be able to sustain the effort.

You can have a bias, or you can show a bias, but you can't be bias. You can, however, be biased.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!

Last edited by zippy : 2011-03-22 at 17:31.