View Single Post
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2004-08-22, 03:16

My friend (pc/linux guy) is buying a second hand powermac off ebay. it comes with only 256MB ram and he wanted to get 512 more. so i straight away went to crucial.com (we were chatting on msn) to calculate how much it would cost and so did he on his end. then i told him it would cost 108 and he told me it would cost 112. then at the same time we both copy pasted the url where we were looking at.

both urls were the same. it was for an Apple PowerMac G4 800 (single) on curcial. except when i visit the link i see 108 and we he checks the link he sees 112.

Since my home server is a pc running windows i copy pasted the url there and to my suprise the price suddenly turned to 112. Its not a big difference only 4$ but its strange that crucial is doing this..

here are some screenshots

portable: MacBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD | personal: PowerMac G5 dual 2.3ghz, 6GB RAM, 6TB HD | work: MacBook Pro 2.5ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD | car: Alpine iDA-W407 with black iPod 80GB | pocket: iPhone 3GS with Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's