View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-08-13, 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkcdude View Post
If they just got the puppy, chances are it will stop barking once it gets used to its new home. Is it really worth calling the cops on them?

Edit: you must have been reading my mind.
I've never had a dog, so I don't know how this all works. But he goes at it non-stop, sure enough. I don't know when he takes a breath, really.

And no, I wasn't "excited" or into the idea of involving the cops because that just opens up a big can of worms and takes it, instantly, to "that" level. But if it continues and they show no signs of doing anything about it and I'm losing sleep every night, then yes...I'd call the cops. Isn't that the more mature, responsible route (vs. "taking matters into my own hands")?

I don't think I should have to disrupt my life (or walk around like a zombie during the day several weeks from now) because of a barking puppy...

But knock on wood...things have been quiet for over 20 minutes now. I don't know if he went to sleep or went inside (it's dark out there so I can't see anything over there now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
If it keeps on for a while and you can call the police without the rednecks knowing for certain it's *you* that called, by all means do it. Chances are you're going to have to confront them sooner or later, and if they assume it's you that called the cops they'll make it extra difficult to resolve the problem amicably. In fact, they'll probably egg the poor thing on and do just about anything to get under your skin.
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to avoid at all costs...the "feuding neighbors" ugliness. That's so not me. I don't want to have to come home every day and be thinking "okay, how weird and ugly is it going to be tonight? What insults and snide remarks are they going to throw my way as I'm walking out to the mailbox?"

I've never had to deal with that in any serious, lingering way and I'm not looking to start now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
Just throwing out an alternative; though it may not be viable (you're in better position to judge those people):

You could at least offer to buy them a antibarking collar or something like that.

I wouldn't do it if I suspect they would take it as a license to heap more "favors" from you, but if they're just bumpkins, it may not hurt much and at least put you on favorable terms compared to sic'ing the police.
I'm not much into the idea of spending my own money or inconveniencing myself for a problem that isn't mine, or of my doing. If anyone needs to "buy an anti-barking collar", it should be them. If they're so oblivious and inconsiderate that they think everyone is happy with this behavior and noise, I don't want to be doing people like that "favors" or cozying up. Or buying them stuff. Those are the kinds of shitheads I seek to avoid and have nothing to do with.

I buy them a dog collar and two months later I'm paying for a new dining room table, tire rotation and buying their kids' school supplies...screw that.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2008-08-13 at 21:33.