View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-08-14, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naderfan View Post
Well, here's my experience from having puppies of mine own. The first couple nights, they cried/barked constantly because it was a new place and they'd been taken away from their litter and didn't know what was going on. Of course, I didn't leave them outside all night - I kept them in so that I was the one dealing with the noise and tried to comfort them as best I can. Now my dogs rarely bark, unless something is going on (people walking through our backyard, another dog starts barking and won't stop). If it's in the evening/night, and I hear them start barking outside (we have a fenced in yard), I immediately bring them in so they don't drive anyone else nuts.
Well you sound like a reasonable, responsible human being and a class act. Why don't I have people like you as neighbors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naderfan View Post
I guess the real problem is the neighbors, not the dog.
Exactly, which is what I said earlier. I have no beef with, or ill will toward, the puppy at all...he's just doing what a dog does (especially one in a new, unfamiliar setting)? It's the owners/neighbors, and their oblivious, "screw everyone and their sleep!" vibe (they had to know everyone around was hearing that...how could they not?).

But I think last night might've been a turning point because I slept and never heard the puppy after my "I'm going to bed now" post earlier above. He barked all last night before sundown, and up until 10:00-ish and beyond. But it stopped (and I commented on that above).

So I'm thinking that one of two things happened: a) another neighbor went to them and talked to them about it and they bring the puppy inside at night, or b) they (the owners) actually got an attack of courtesy and common sense and, on their own, decided the "right thing to do" was to bring him in around bedtime or whatever.

If that's the case, then I'll be happy. I slept well last night, and didn't hear a single bark. Even when I got up a 4:30 or so to pee, I didn't hear anything.

So maybe the situation is resolved? As I said earlier, apparently it just took me creating a thread about it, four days in, to fix things. Should've done this two days ago...

A third, slightly more remote, possibility: the puppy finally "got it", and realized where he was and is cool now, and stopped barking on his own?

Not holding my breath on that one...

But it sure felt nice to fall asleep - and stay that way - last night. Amazing what a good night's sleep can do for your overall mood and outlook...