View Single Post
Eugene
careful with axes

2008-01-10, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
Eugene

OK, it's not a bad system but it's still comparing Apples to Oranges (pun not intended).
[*]Your Core 2 Quad is not a Xeon
What is the difference to you? A Yorkfield Core 2 Quad has all the functionality of a Harpertown Xeon. I could easily run it at 1600 MHz FSB even.

Quote:
[*]Your mobo does not support 32GB RAM
Oh man, that was almost a dealbreaker!

Quote:
[*]Your mobo does not support 2 CPUs
Anyone know if the single Xeon system supports two CPUs? Again, that was a conscious decision.

Quote:
[*]Your mobo has not got a 1600 FSB (never mind a dual bus!)
Actually the mobo easily supports 2000 MHz FSB. Read up on the IP35 Pro please. It doesn't need a dual-bus.

Quote:
[*]I would also like to see benchmarks from your overclocked chip Vs a 2.8 Xeon - I would be surprised to see a massive difference and the Xeon wont have a shortened life!
I've never lost a CPU to an OC. I keep them nice and cool.

Quote:
[*]You don't have an operating system listed[*]You don't have any bundled software listed.
I will get back to you as soon as I find a $1500 OS and software to install.

Quote:
I think the prices of the Mac Pros are very reasonable for a top quality system at the high end of the spec. At the end of the day I would be happy to put a Mac Pro in a server cupboard and let it run for years on end - I would not trust your components to run constantly for over 12 months.
The Mac Pro prices are reasonable, but the point is it's not made for most of us. Neither is the iMac or mini. Ah, nice FUD on the end of that paragraph.

Quote:
I may have just been unlucky, but I have had my fair share of problems with abit motherboards!
More FUD. Okay sir, substitute the Abit for a cheaper Gigabyte, Asus, DFI or MSI.