View Single Post
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2008-01-12, 06:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
That explains why you exclaimed the new Mac Pro to be your new gaming machine then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonzie View Post
The Mac Pro as compared to a Quad-core gaming rig is still a very bad deal. The fact is that Apple does not make anything that a gamer would be interested in buying, like the one in my sig.

In January of last year I predicted the gap between the iMac and Mac Pro would only widen come 2008.
And I think chucker nailed it on the head back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
You know what, never mind. It seems to be the hip thing to do to confuse one's personal preferences and desires with what Apple "ought to be doing".
You think Apple should make a headless system between the iMac and the Mac Pro because that is your market - the hobbyist / enthusiast gamer. But in the big scheme of things that is a very tiny market for Apple to consider! (Additionally, do you really thing that upgraded graphics cards would be any more readily available for such a system than they are for the Mac Pros?)

Basically, if your a Mac user you have limited (legal) options. You ether play your games on a slightly underpowered iMac (depending on the games you play), you maintain two machines, or you fork out a bit more on a single machine that does both.

The first option sucks if you want to play modern games and I got fed up with my desktop clutter with the second option - so for me the Mac Pro is just about hitting the sweet spot. I can do my day-to-day work/email/itunes etc, and then boot camp into Windows and have a decent gaming experience (without breaking any EULA's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
That explains why you exclaimed the new Mac Pro to be your new gaming machine then? A gaming machine with 7 irrelevant cores?
So you won't be playing any games that use a modern engine such as the Unreal Engine 3 or cryEngine 2?

And your operating system does not keep running in the background? (how strange)

And you don't use 3rd party comms software while your playing?

Now who's the one spreading the FUD?

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!