View Single Post
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2011-12-22, 13:02

Wait, I won? o.o

Wooo! Thanks y'all. GSpotter, I did try a bunch of different shutter speeds to get more motion blur outside the target, but in every case the car I was shooting was also fairly blurry. I wasn't able to match my panning speed to the car's speed quite right so the only way I was able to get a clear shot like the above was to up the shutter speed.

Also, the above shot was very nearly the only shot I took out of about a hundred that was completely in focus. I have no experience with pro level cameras vs my camera, a Canon T2i, and I thought that maybe my camera's ability to focus quickly on a moving target in rapid fire mode is just not good enough to get consistently well-focused pictures on fast targets. For reference, at that part of the track the cars are going around 80, up to maybe 100 MPH.

So I have no idea if I could get better pictures like this simply by getting a vastly better full frame camera (with a better/faster AF system) like you guys use or not. I don't know how much of it is just me doing it wrong vs. the limitations of my camera. I'll post some of the other pics I took from the same day and you can see what I mean.

Anyway, question about the next challenge - would you guys like to go ahead with a new one, or wait until after the holidays?