View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2008-12-31, 01:21

Oh wow. I never knew cola drinks were such Serious Business (TM).

Has anyone seen the new Pepsi cans/logo? Everybody on the graphic design blogs hates it, but I dig the minimalism, and I think the new logo is clever (it's not like the Pepsi Globe ever had the tradition of the Coke logo, anyway, so it makes sense for them to push to be the progressive, "fresh" brand). I don't think it's executed quite as well as Coke's 2007 minimalist rebranding, and it does seem a bit "follow-the-leader"-esque, but all in all I still think it's an improvement from the old designs.

"Mtn Dew," however, just needs to go. America's Nastiest Soda (TM): Now with more Spelled Like A Text Message!

I've stopped drinking coffee, but I started drinking Coke again (it's cheaper). Just regular Coke. I know it's not good for you by any means, but is it really that much worse for you than Diet Coke? Like, "fat taxes" often apply to regular sodas, but not diet sodas, which seems kind of weird to me, because surely Diet Coke is still bad for you. (I can't drink most diet sodas because I have a reaction to aspartame. I can drink Diet Coke with Splenda but I can only ever find that at Walmart and I don't like shopping there.)

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong